If you're confident with your programming skills and driven by creating beautiful, innovation applications, then this could be the right opportunity for you!
Spark is new. We’re forward-thinking and doing a great job challenging the status quo across the software and product development and delivery business. By approaching our customers’ challenges differently, some are saying we’re reimagining the space! We love to hear that, and with a commitment to growing our team with diverse talent, diverse thinking, and promoting equality across our business, we are looking for people to join our team that feel the same or, at least, see an opportunity to do things differently.
We describe ourselves through Radical Honesty; Empathy over Ego; Energy Management vs Time Management; and a mindset that we're 'In it Together'. With a go get it done attitude - Nothing is impossible at Spark.
With a technology-agnostic environment, we are looking for ambitious and self-driven Back-end Developers to join our team. Your primary focus will be on server-side web application logic and integration of the front-end part.
Committed to growing our team with diverse talent, diverse thinking, and promoting equality across our business, we are looking for people who is ready to grow!
Specifically, we see your time is spent:
- Getting involved and participating in the overall application lifecycle of a project, with a focus on coding and debugging.
- Ensuring the customer is at the front and centre of each thought process.
- Working hand-in-hand with our delivery manager, architects, front-end engineers and designers, defining and discussing technical and design requirements.
- Writing clean and sustainable code that you are proud of in the development of large scale, high performing systems.
- Defining and writing fully automated tests.
- Staying up to date on best practices and technologies. (we provide our team with opportunities to up-skill with new technologies and move along their development into cloud-based technologies).
- Ongoing collaboration with Spark's team of designers, developers, and strategists.
What will pique our interest is someone that might have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer.
- 2+ years Commercial experience with MicroService and/or FAAS architectures.
- 2+ years Commercial experience with Automated Cloud deployment.
- Understanding of cloud best practices.
- Commercial experience of DevOps and CI/CD.
- Good understanding of data privacy.
- 3+ years of experience with programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala. Node or Golang.
- Familiar with front-end technologies and an opportunity to get exposure to working across the full stack.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and spoken English.
How we can support you:
- We're a fully remote-first work environment, though you're always welcome and encouraged to join us at our co-working spaces in our Dublin City Centre HQ or Development Centres in Malaga or Lisbon.
- Unlimited holidays (we pay and reward people for their expertise, not time given!).
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving experienced and most importantly, fun team.
- An international and diverse work atmosphere.
- The chance to be part of a rapidly growing startup and the next success story in software and product delivery.
- Team activities and meets worldwide.
- Market beating salary, rates; employee stock option plan.
- Maternity and Paternity cover that gives you a chance to spend precious time with your new loved ones.
- If this excites you, send us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org and we can start the conversation!
- If you like the sounds of our business but feel this opportunity doesn't align with your experience and interest, give us a follow below, as our needs are always changing.
Your blog post content here…