Joining our team as a Data Scientist, you’re someone that’s versed in using predictive analytics and innovative machine learning models to create value from data. You’ll form part of a team that will apply data science and AI technologies across our projects using statistical analysis, optimisation, machine learning and advanced visualisation to develop data-driven insights and predictions.
Spark is new. We’re forward-thinking and doing a great job challenging the status quo across the software and product development and delivery business. By approaching our customers’ challenges differently, some are saying we’re reimagining the space! We love to hear that, and with a commitment to growing our team with diverse talent, diverse thinking, and promoting equality across our business, we are looking for people to join our team that feel the same or, at least, see an opportunity to do things differently.
We describe ourselves through Radical Honesty; Empathy over Ego; Energy Management vs Time Management; and a mindset that we're 'In it Together'. With a go get it done attitude - Nothing is impossible at Spark.
Committed to growing our team with diverse talent, diverse thinking, and promoting equality across our business, we are looking for people who is ready to grow!
Specifically, we see your time is spent:
- Getting involved and participating in the overall application lifecycle of a project, with a focus on coding and debugging.
- Ensuring the customer is at the front and centre of each thought process.
- Working hand-in-hand with our delivery manager, architect and designers, defining and discussing technical and design requirements.
- Writing clean and sustainable code that you are proud of in the development large scale, high performing systems.
- Defining and writing fully automated tests
- Staying up to date on best practices and technologies. (we provide our team with opportunities to up-skill with new technologies and move along their development into cloud-based technologies).
- Ongoing collaboration with Spark's team of designers, developers, and strategists
What will pique our interest is someone that might have:
- PhD in relevant domain.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Scientist.
- Deep understanding of data privacy.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores.
- 3+ years of experience with Python.
- 3+ years experience data processing libraries and Notbooks (Jupyter).
- Experience with Data pipelines & BI Solutions (Tableau, Qlik, Looker).
- Fluent verbal English and good writing skills.
How we can support you:
- We're a fully remote-first work environment, though you're always welcome and encouraged to join us at our Dublin City Centre HQ!
- Unlimited holidays (we pay and reward people for their expertise, not time given!)
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving experienced and most importantly, fun team
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of a rapidly growing startup and the next success story in software and product delivery
- Team activities and meets worldwide
- Market beating salary, rates; employee stock option plan.
- Maternity and Paternity cover that gives you a chance to spend precious time with your new loved ones.
- If this excites you, send us a note: email@example.com and we can start the conversation!
- If you like the sounds of our business but feel this opportunity doesn't align with your experience and interest, give us a follow below, as our needs are always changing.
Your blog post content here…